In performing its obligations under the agreement, SOS shall:
- comply with all applicable anti-slavery and human trafficking laws, statutes, regulations from time to time in force including but not limited to the Modern Slavery Act 2015;
- not engage in any activity, practice or conduct that would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 4, of the Modern Slavery Act 2015; and
- include in its contracts with its direct subcontractors and suppliers anti-slavery and human trafficking provisions that are at least as onerous as those set out in this clause and require that each of its direct subcontractors and suppliers shall comply with all applicable anti-slavery and human trafficking laws, statutes, regulations from time to time in force including but not limited to the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
SOS represents and warrants that at the date of this agreement neither SOS nor any of its officers, employees or other persons associated with it to the best of its knowledge:
- has been convicted of any offence involving slavery and human trafficking; and
- has been or is the subject of any investigation, inquiry or enforcement proceedings by any governmental, administrative or regulatory body regarding any offence or alleged offence of or in connection with slavery and human trafficking.
SOS shall implement due diligence procedures for its direct subcontractors to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its supply chains.
SOS shall notify the Customer as soon as it becomes aware of any actual or suspected slavery or human trafficking in a supply chain which has a connection with this agreement.